Friday, July 11, 2008

Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing

Come, Thou fount of Every Blessing is a great hymn tune. In this arrangement, the bass bells play the accompaniment in 6/8, but when the melody comes in it is in 3/4. It makes for a cool feel to have the bass bells in one meter and the treble in another. I now don't remember if I directed it in 2 (6/8) or in 3. I know it changes later.


There are some interesting, quick key changes in this piece too. It's hard for me to write a piece and keep it in one key. You can hear the meters and the keys easier than I can describe them, so click on the link and listen.

It is published by Beckenhorst. And of course you can buy it from Jeffers Handbell Supply 1-800-JHS-BELL

Listen here

HB216
Handbell Level 4
Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing
R. Lyndel Littleton

No comments: