Sunday, February 24, 2008

How Beautiful

Twyla Paris has written many beautiful songs. Her lyrics and her melodies are all so lovely. One of my favorites is How Beautiful. I have sung it many times for worship services and for weddings. My choirs have sung it.



A few years back I felt that it would make a lovely handbell piece, so I crafted an arrangement that I think captures the simple beauty of the piece.






Here is a description written by the folks at Handbell World.


How Beautiful: Paris, T.,,RW
Twila Paris' beautifully crafted melody is combined with Lyndel Littleton's skill at setting it for handbells in this 3, 4, or 5 octave setting. The beauty shines through gently syncopated accompaniment, playful staccato technique at just the right place, and shimmering mallets on suspended treble bells. Make the text available to your listeners for greater effect.

I think I'll order it for my handbell choir this week.

No comments: